What to wear for a wedding at the beach?
Posted on June 06 2017
Why are beach weddings special?
If you are used to weddings, you already know the fashion rules: no white if you are not the bride, plan a pair of flat shoes just in case there is lawn, avoid see-through dress or any other too light outfits (you don’t want to offend the great-auntie)…etc. But for a beach wedding, the do’s and don’ts are even more special.
- Use the environment as an inspiration: It is time to take that seashell minaudière out of the closet! Exotic flowers, starfish shaped-ring, palm tree prints and embroideries… Here comes a world of possibilities!
- Wear colors: all around you, the sand is white, the water is clear and the bride and her bridesmaids certainly wear ivory dresses. As a guest, you should add some colors that brighten up the crowd! Coral, turquoise, raspberry, mint-green, tangerine… The choice is yours.
- Protect your head: the sun might hit you hard, especially if you stay for a long time at the beach for the ceremony and the party. Wear a gorgeous hat or a summer scarf for a boho look to avoid sweating and fainting because of the heat!
- Wear something too long or too short: on the beach there is sand, so you don’t want your dress to trail on the floor. But seafronts are usually very windy! So a very short dress can be uncomfortable to wear. The right length: ankles for long outfits and a little bit above or below the knees for the short option.
- Choose heels: dear beach wedding guests, sand is not the place to wear high heels if you don’t want to make a fool of yourselves. Instead, opt for flat shoes with nice charms such as shells, mother of pearl or feathers.
- Wear a tight outfit: beach weddings are the perfect occasion to attend a formal event without wearing something too compressive. Vaporous dresses, fluid trousers or cosy silk jumpsuits are your new BFFs!